What Are The Things You Need To Know About Minecraft Server?Uncategorized November 7, 2022, Comments Off
Minecraft Server has become increasingly popular as of late, with many people deciding to use the server software that Mojang distributes for free on their machines for various reasons. It is a great alternative to established services, but it does require some time to set up before it can be used. So here is your essential guide on Minecraft Server List.
Ever wanted to run your own Minecraft server at home or in your workplace? Then this guide will provide a beginner’s guide on how to set up a server – complete with instructions, screenshots and caveats.
Guide on setting up a Minecraft server
1. Download the Minecraft server
You can either download the server software from Mojang themselves or download the Minecraft server from a third party. For more on that, see our blog post on downloading Minecraft server.
2. Set up an account
First, sign up for a Mojang account if you haven’t already done so. Go here to start your free account, which gives you access to premium features of the game and allow you to play online using your account. After signing up, create another account by clicking Create New Account and following steps 1-4 of that guide.
3. Create A New World
Once you have logged in, head over to the World Settings page and create a new world. You can also give it a name and password, but we’ll come onto that later! Here you can also decide what type of world to create – Classic, Super flat or Infinite.
4. Connect To Your Server
Go here and see a screen asking for your IP address. This is where you will connect, so copies it down or just leave it open in another tab or browser window for easy access! Once the Minecraft Server List runs correctly, your IP address should appear automatically.
5. Connect A Computer To The Server
Connecting using a laptop or desktop computer to your server is relatively straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- Open up Minecraft; click Multiplayer and then Add Server. You can also play a single-player on the server by clicking Single-player.
- Enter the IP address you have stored, along with the name of your world. You may also decide to change the port in this instance, as it is more likely that other people will already use the default one.
- When you’re ready, click Play and wait for other players!
6. Set Your Server Options
When connected, you will be given the option to change your Minecraft Server List options. To do so, click on your username in the top right corner and select Edit Options. Here you can change the following options:
- Enable Cheats – This is an important one. You need to disable it to ensure your players don’t break anything or use explosives and tools to destroy blocks. If you enable it, it will allow them to log into your server with a higher level than anyone else and therefore get more powerful too quickly!
- Enable Command Blocks – This allows players to use special commands that can help them travel around faster or teleport between various parts of the world.
7. Install Any Mods You Like
You can get the Minecraft server to work with mods installed on it too, which is a great way of adding more content to the game. Mods are extensions that add new features to the game, such as an extra race or profession, a new animal, or even altering the world through magic. There are many different mods available.