Common Types Of Commercial HVACUncategorized February 10, 2022, Comments Off
For any home, industrial, or commercial facility, a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system is a must-have. The system maintains a comfortable indoor environment for occupants by controlling the building’s humidity, temperature, and air quality. Given that HVAC systems account for over 40% of total energy consumed in commercial buildings, getting high-quality HVAC systems is critical. If your business air conditioning system has to be replaced, you should be aware of the various types of HVAC systems available and contact Heating and cooling Grosse Ile Michigan as soon as possible.
Types of Commercial HVAC
On the market, there are three basic types of commercial air conditioning systems.
Split Air Conditioning System
The split HVAC system gets its name from the manner it’s put together as well as the components that make it up. The system is made up of the following components:
- An air handler, for example, is an interior unit.
- The condenser, which is an exterior device.
- A programmable or non-programmable thermostat is a device that allows you to control the temperature of your home.
- A filtration or humidity control system
- The ductwork that transports conditioned air from the system to the structure.
Split commercial air conditioners come in two varieties:
System with a Single Split
The single-split air conditioner is a low-cost commercial air conditioning system that is ideal for tiny spaces like cafes, server rooms, stores, and offices. The compact system is simple to install, which is why it is suited for new buildings or commercial spaces that have been remodeled.
- Installation is less expensive, making it appropriate for small business areas.
- Each unit is completely self-contained. As a result, even if one fails, the others will continue to function.
- Energy-efficient. Each indoor unit may offer air conditioning to only the rooms that require it.
- For a single room that requires an additional HVAC system, this is the best option.
- It takes up a lot of room because each unit is inside unit.
Multi-Split System (MSS) is a system that allows you to split. Multi-split systems allow you to link multiple interior units to a single outdoor unit. Larger facilities, such as retail stores, doctors’ offices, and restaurants, typically have these systems installed. A multi-split system has a lot of pipes that must be fitted correctly. Get a contractor to complete the task because improper installation might reduce your HVAC efficiency by 30%.
- It takes up less room. Several interior units can be used with one outdoor unit.
- It keeps your building’s outside looking good.
- The installation does not necessitate the presence of ducting in your building.
- The cost of installation is greater.
- Because there is more plumbing to be done, the installation may take longer.
VRF (Ventilated Refrigerant Fluid) System
A refrigerant is used as the heating and cooling element in the Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) or Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) system. Because it includes a single condenser that can be used for several evaporators, this is the finest system for usage in medium or large commercial buildings. The refrigerant supply is controlled by an Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV) in each of the system’s internal units, ensuring that it is in line with the demand from the building space. VRV systems are divided into two categories:
- Heat pump systems are heat pumps that can be used for cooling or heating. These are big multi-split units that are better suited to open areas.
- Heat recovery systems may cool and heat a building at the same time. The systems are energy efficient and appropriate for usage in commercial spaces with multiple rooms.
- Ideal for business venues that are medium to big in size.
- In buildings that are undergoing expansion, it is simple to install.
- Installation is completed quickly and without causing any inconvenience to the building’s tenants.
- Installing it is costly.
- If the unit fails, the entire HVAC system will suffer.