Bimatoprost, Generic Latisse, is a popular medication used to cure inadequate eyelashes. A number of individuals who have used the medication to grow their eyelashes are pleased with the results and feel more and more confident with their looks. Bimatoprost is an ingredient in prescribed eyedrops used to cure glaucoma and belongs to the class of prostaglandin medicine that nourishes the hair follicles and promotes eyelash growth. It makes eyelashes darker, longer and healthier.
If you want to use Latisse to grow longer and healthier eyelashes, make sure you use it properly and consult your doctor before using it regularly. To make sure you get the best results, follow the steps below:
- Wash your hands before using the medicine
- Check to make sure the liquid has not changed color
- Make sure you remove all makeup or contact lenses before applying the medicine
- Apply the Latisse on the end of your eyelashes on your upper eyelids once a day
- In case of any infections, eye surgery or swelling, consult your doctor before using this medicine.
But keep in mind, the effects of Latisse will stay as long as you keep using it. If you stop using the medicine, your lashes will go back to their original shape overtime.
- Side Effects of Generic Latisse
While Generic Latisse is a very effective medicine in making your eyelashes long and attractive, like every other medicine, this has its side effects too.
Some of the side effects of using Generic latisse are:
- Red and itchy eyes
- Swelling of eyes
- Changes in vision
- Eye pain
Generic Latisse is the only medication that is approved by the FDA to cure the condition known as hypotrichosis, which causes thinning and poor growth of eyelashes. Latisse was created after eyelash growth was seen as a side effect of Bimatoprost eye drops and is now used by numerous people to grow their eyelashes.